I'm hoping to get a promise ring for graduation.. Should I expect anything?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 10 months as of now.. I'm a senior and I will be graduating in May. By then, we will have been dating for 17 months. We are very serious, very happy, and planning on marriage and so forth.. I'm hoping to get a promise ring for graduation... Should I expect one? Or is it asking too much too soon?

Most Helpful Girl

• that may be asking for too much...i mean its better to not expect anything and leave it like that

expecting will only leave you dissapointed when it doesn't happen

and if you dont...then youd be in for a surprise, right?

me and my boyfriend have been going on for like 8 months and we talked about marriage too...and having babies and asked me to move in...and even his parents talked about our marriage

im still not gonna expect anything...its too early to expect anything from him. I mean even if its just a ring and stuff. you might get it before your graduation or at the graduation or after...does it really matter when though? your still gonna get one.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I recommend not "expecting" anything.

If you two have discussed marriage and have a mutual understanding that it will eventually happen for the two of you, why concern yourself with it? You'll get your ring someday, and in the mean time, you should just enjoy it.

By expecting it, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. If he does not get you a ring, will you be upset? It's not worth it.

If you get the ring, great, but if not, don't let it bother you too much. Like I said, someday.

Best of luck!

• I mean, don't get me wrong I really think you guys may be "in love" and who knows, you may wind up together, forever. my aunt is still married to her high school sweetheart. but in all honesty, whos to say that won't change in 7 months? trust me...five years from now you will be surprised where you find yourself. My high school sweetheart of 3 years broke up, then another guy who I thought was the one, broke-up, then I dated a guy for 5 years, and then we broke up! So two promise rings down the road, I'm single. LOL...just saying, from someone whos been there done that, listen to me.

• NOOOOOOOOOOO! and knowing your boyfriend... he's gonna give you one and wonder if you think it's too much...

• sorry, but when you find the right one, you know. OK. so everyone else shut the hell up.

firstly, I'm so happy for you, me and my boyfriend have been together for months now and I love you never seams like enough :L

i wouldn't expect anything, I know it's hard, but if he doesn't then it's a big disappointment, maybe drop hints? otherwise he'll have no idea you ever wanted one :D x

• It seems like you're relationship is moving too fast.

Take it easy. You're still young, there will be other guys.

Guys get bored easily, especially when they're young