Women proposing?

I recently heard my mom talking about a friend of hers at work who had proposed to her boyfriend.

And like, when I actually sat down and thought about that, I was honestly shocked. I mean, I've heard of women proposing before, but I'd never given much thought to it and now, in my mind, it seems weird.

Any thoughts? Should the man in the relationship always be the one to propose? Or should women have that same right, without people like me thinking that the man should've done it?

• Women CAN propose, that's totally natural!
  • Women SHOULD NOT propose, leave it to the men.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think guys should usually do the proposing, but the woman could do it too, no one made it a law that the guy proposes. But really, as long as one of them proposes, it's all good! It doesn't matter who proposes because either way, they have the same outcome (unless the guy is totally sexist and doesn't think a female should propose, but he's not worth her life anyway), they get married! So really, proposal doesn't matter, it just needs to happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, I voted that women can propose, but I'd never do it. I'm not a very traditional girl, but I just couldn't be the one to do that. Besides, I think it would be weird for the guy too.

What Guys Said 3

• I think that it's putting a lot of unneeded pressure on the man to always be the one to initiate everything in a relationship, including proposing.

• Heh. With the parting gifts of houses, cars, kids, and money, women get in divorce, I think more women should be proposing for marriage. Because I sure as hell am not going ot ask a woman to take half of everything I own.

This short video pretty much describes what men are getting into nowadays with marriage.

Priceless. Or is it?

link

• It depends on the relationship. I proposed in mine because it felt like it should be my job, but I've had relationships where if it did happen it felt like maybe it'd be more natural for her to do it.

What Girls Said 1

• Sure, why not?

It's not my thing. But if they want to, they should have the right to do it.