What does it mean when my boyfriend doesn't stick to his word?

My boyfriend is Arab so his parents want us to get engaged and that's fine, but he always tells me "OK tomorrow we will go and get engagement rings" then it comes to the day and he doesn't even mention anything to me or sticks to his word. Then last week he told all his family we will go and get the rings but then again it came to the day and nothing? I told him "Please don't tell me something like that if you won't stick to your word because I get so happy and then you don't go ahead with it and I feel like idiot" but he still does it?

I just want to no if he does won't to get engaged or he is just saying it to keep everyone happy? Please help, I'm going crazy about this...

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like he's just saying what he thinks people want to hear. Maybe he isn't ready to get engaged yet but just doesn't want to make waves in the family by saying so.

What Girls Said 1

• Seems like he'll say whatever to please you, but doesn't actually care for going through with it. People who are all talk in relationships, I've found, lead to failure.