Guys- how long did it take to completely get over your ex?

^^ How long did it take to get completely over your ex? (As in, not want to be with her anymore and move on) And did you break up with her or did she break up with you?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you mean the desire to be with her still, then that ended when I found out she had cheated on me a few days after we started looking at engagement rings. That made it pretty easy to get over her. But it really depends on how emotionally invested he was. My ex had done something similar a year before when she broke up for a summer to "just be herself" I missed her that entire summer and when we saw each other again at college I decided stupidly to give her that second chance. If I had not had the desire to marry that foolish girl I would have gotten over her quickly. But even now after all she had put me through I still harbor some feelings I'm just smart enough to know that I can't change her into what I want, and to be happy I have to move on. And I can tell you these last 6 months have been some of the happiest in my life.

What Guys Said 2

• My first love broke up with me. She had cheated and couldn't bear facing me since I did nothing wrong to her. She told me I'm the good guy / the hero and didn't deserve someone like her. Possibly I missed something that made her want to look elsewhere. Afterward it literally took me years to get over it and date again. I turned down every girl for those years and maybe even missed a chance with a good one. I was planning to ask her to marry me right around the day she cheated. She was the hardest to get over but it was for the best.

• Depends what you mean by "get over" them.

I was "over" my ex at the exact moment I said "I AM DONE" and ended the relationship.

But that's not to say our relationship didn't mean anything. It just meant that I was burned out. I didn't feel anything anymore.

Strangely enough, we are actually good friends now.

What Girls Said 0