He proposed, we're in love ... I want this right?!

I have been dating my boyfriend for about 2 years. He is a great guy, however he isn't the richest of the richest which is fine with me. I've never looked at what a person's had to determine how I treat/feel about them but a couple weeks ago he proposed. I said yes ... neither of us want to get married until next year around this time. We both agree that we should wait a while longer.

Recently I have been thinking.

He is a senior in Univeristy, as am I ... He doesn't have a car because he's never really needed one since we live downtown and everything is near us. Now that we have become serious I am starting to question my decision of saying "yes" for a few reasons.

1.Doesnt have a steady job [working part time]

2.Doesnt have supportive parents.

And that is it ... I think the financial part is what scares me the most. I really do love him so much, but do I have a reason to feel unstable?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its only natural to have some doubts. That's the way life works. We want things to be perfect so we find reasons as to why it CANT be perfect. If you two are still in university than I would think you should have waited at least two years after finishing to get engaged...After you have settled down with your careers.

What Guys Said 2

• sounds shallow.

• If you love him, truly love him, you and him will get through anything. Financial issues are a common issue, probably one of the biggest, with engaged/married couples. Nothing really to worry bout, Yes it may put stress on the relationship but every couple goes through this and true love conquers anything and endures every circumstance.

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds a bit early to be getting married if I'm honest... leave it another 5 years or so, then the financial problems should dissapate, or you'll realize that you don't really want to marry each other. Never rush in to something like this.

• if you really love him the money issues shouldn't bother you, you would be able to work through it. And who cares about the parents, its not their marriage and not their life now is it.

• I think if you really love him then you'll get over your worries. Yeah maybe things aren't perfect, but if you both love each other you should be happy anyway.

I'm kind of in this situation too. My boyfriend and I would love to get married, but we have to at least wait until he gets a place to live.