I want to propose to my girlfriend. I need help!

Okay so I want to propose to my girlfriend, but we have only been together 8 months. I found this site due to checking out ways to propose and such and did not find what I was looking for. I want it to be a surprise and do it around Christmas time but am not sure how to go about it. I am not even sure if she will say yes, is there anyway I can quiz her or ask her with out her knowing? I know girls have this crazy 6th sense about things like these, and I just want it to be perfect. I already got the ring but I am not even sure about it, just that we have not talked about rings or weddings really, just minor hints back and forth. I got a 1 carat stone that is it nothing fancy( should I get something better?) Ahhh help me girls and guys I am the most nervous I have ever been and don't know how to control it!

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww calm down don't worry about it =]

my now fiancée proposed to me under fireworks on new years eve it was amazing we had only been going out nearly 5munth and I still said yes

i was only 15 at the time too

just don't worry at all the worst thing she can say is no lol

and if she does then never mind you can still be together

and if she says yes but don't want to get married straight away just accept that and don't rush it =]

What Girls Said 2

• oh and the ring will be fine ... it does not matter about the ring its all about the feelings you both have for one another =] it could be just a normal ring and it wouldn't matter any ring will be fine the one you have got her is a lot better than mine =] lol

• Well if you want something Christmasy then take her for a carriage ride close to Christmas, or go to her favorite restaurant and put the ring in a Christmas box. Or even go for a walk in a park and do it there.

What Guys Said 1

• Haha chill, chill, just breathe...

First of all, congrats! The feelings that you get of rejection is normal. It's a fear of the unknown and the fact you are taking a "giant leap for man kind" makes it bigger. 8 months is not long, do you live with her? I'm sure some girls may argue with me but it's not so much the ring but the guy sliding it on her finger... Send me a message and I will gladly help you construct some idea's on how to do it. Just make sure you are doing it for the right reasons... Love can make us do some pretty crazy S&%@. 8 months or 8 years sometimes you just know!