How do i get over these angry feelings towards my ex?

Basically we talked for awhile, started dating, he took my first kiss, first make out. Eventually we decided on being friends, until he could get his life back together, he said it would take a month or less. It's been well over a month, and we haven't even talked in weeks. Today I found out that he is engaged. How do I get over these angry feelings towards him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi there. I'm also going through a break up, so I feel you. I find that I must be angry/mad with my ex. It seems the only thing that keeps me from losing it.

BUT, we can only carry these feelings so long before it takes a toll. The ideal is to eventually let go of those bitter feelings because it will only eat away our ability to love. I know this is so hard, believe me I do. Just remember that you will need to forgive him...for YOU.

I'm not saying to forget because there's a lesson to learn here. To forgive for you is one of the kindest things you can do for yourself. Work hard to take back the power. Don't give him anymore power to hurt you and that's what we're doing when we waist time letting his past destroy our future!

Hang in there girl, it'll get better.

• How do you forgive though? yeah I can say that I do, but I don't know if it would be for real.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, I think the only thing that's going to heal you is time. I'm going through a break and I hate to say it but nothing seems to work in calming me'. Half the time I'm torn up inside. Only time will help x