Is He Going to Propose for Christmas?

I have been dating my best friend for 1.5 years. We have known each other for 12 years and have always loved each other. Due to circumstance we kept our relationship platonic until a year and a half ago when we both just realized that what we had was special... he moved across country and then I moved to his city 6 months later.

Over the past six months he has introduced me to all his friends, family and parents. We have exchanged "i love yous" ... and had the "talk" about taking things from boyfriend and girlfriend to the "next level". He mentioned the only thing holding him back was the stability of his career.

Last month he began his "dream job" and has now started to make plans for the future with me. He asked me to co-host Xmas with he and his family. He owns his own house so we will be hosting Xmas dinner with all of his immediate family.

Since mid-November he has been talking about how he has a surprise for me. A gift that will make all my dreams come true. That he promises that it will celebrate all that we've been through over the years.

He announced to me last week -- that he went to a special store to buy "the gift" he is getting me for xmas. That the gift "he" likes -- but it is all for me. That because of what "it" is -- I will understand that it is a combined xmas/Christmas gift (my b-day is 3 days after xmas). Also noted that our gift exchange would be in private.

I overheard a conversation he had with his mother the same night he "purchased" the gift. She asked him if I knew about what it was -- and he told her no it was a surprise. She also noted that a very special gues would be joining the family for Xmas (me) -- and that they are going to include me in the gift giving.

Now -- normally I wouldn't read into anything -- but all of this points to a proposal to me.

What do you think?

Oh -- he also noted that the "gift" would refute any preconceived notions I have about his inability to take things to the "next level".

What Guys Said 1

• Yup all signs point to it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much!

What Girls Said 0