I'm gonna propose to my girl on Christmas. Should I do it with her family around?

i wanna propose to her in front of the tree, fire going, lights and beautiful ornaments, all romantic. but I'm wondering if I should do it at her family's Christmas party at her house, in front of everyone, or if I should take her to my place after the party and propose to her all alone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being surrounded by family will take away from the romantic vibe, and possibly put pressure on her. I think it would be better if it's just the two of you.

What Girls Said 4

• I would do it just between the two of you, so that it'll be a moment that you guys can share together. It will make your proposal seem more personal and meaningful for the both of you. Good luck, and congratulations! I'm sure you will definitely make her Christmas one to remember.

• I'd say with everyone around. It would show her how much you love her, and how great of a guy you are, not to mention it would show everyone else how great you are. I think it would be more memorable at the Party. Best wishes! =)

• Yup, I agree with the previous answer; do it with just the two of you. It'll take any kind of pressure away from the situation and allow it to be a more intimate moment between you both.

• do it by yourself first. THEN announce it to the family together.

What Guys Said 2

• I would propose to her alone. That way it's more about you two than a "family moment"

• Well if you have respect for family go ahead just ask for the blessings first lol