How do you know when he's the one?

the famous saying of "when he's the one, you'll just know."

how?! I mean I guess you never really know. my boyfriend and I are in love. and I love him so much! he's always telling me I'm the love of his life, and we talk about our future together and how many kids we'll have and the names of them.. and when we're married. but, I just.. if I have to say would I marry him, or I don't think he's the one for me, I don't think he is. I don't want to say anything, because I love him and I don't want to leave him, but I don't necessarily want to marry him either. I just don't know what to do. should I keep these thoughts/ feelings to myself? I think to myself about if he ever proposes to me, I would feel so terrible if I said no. I'm just at a loss here and I don't know what I should do. HELP! if you can. /:

What Guys Said 1

• We need an age

• im 21 and he's 26

• if youve been dating for more than a year.. ditch him your not going anywhere.. if less than a year you need more time around him beofre jumoing to conclusions

• hmmm... see its been less then a year, but more then 6 months.. about 8 or 9.. sooo.. I don't know if that makes a difference or not... idk... I don't want to leave him tho because I love him. I just don't know if I want to marry him :/

What Girls Said 1

• I know what you mean. My last boyfriend was my first love, and I loved him very very much. But I knew he wasn't the one because I just couldn't see us getting married in the future. I definitely would have said yes if he asked, but when I tried to picture us married 10 years from now I couldn't see it.

My high school teacher gave me some good advice: if you have to think about it when he proposes, then say no. Haha she dated a guy for like 3 years and said no both times he proposed, then she dated her best friend for half a year and said yes right away. :)

• awe! that's cute :) see that's exactly what I tell myself. if I have to think about it, its just not right. and I shouldn't say yes. and if there's hesitation. its a definite no.