Can a girl ask a guy out?

There's this guy at work that I really like, and he always stares at me and tries to make conversation. I've know him for about 3 weeks now and we work together on weekends.

I find it really hard to talk to him because he is extremely good looking but I know he is really nice and I don't think he really knows anyone since he's only been here for less than a year.

So do you guys think it would be alright for me to ask him out to lunch? Or should I wait to see if he will ask me out. Also, how would I go about doing it? I would be asking him at work.

im a waitress at the same restaurant as him. he works behind the bar though. and I think he might be. he's really quiet though but I think that's because his first language is spanish. and I think he does. my friend says weve been having eye sex but yeah.

Most Helpful Guy

• (I have a deja-vu, lol. Nvm this. Had to right it so I won't forget what was about)

Uhm, back on-topic. Why not? Guys really appreciate these kind of balls.

What kind of work are you doing?

Do you think he's shy?

Are you sure he's really attracted to you?

• im a waitress at the same restaurant as him. he works behind the bar though. and I think he might be. he's really quiet though but I think that's because his first language is spanish. and I think he does. my friend says weve been having eye sex but yeah

• "Hey *his name*, did you know today they're making plates of *your name*?" Hah, that would be awesome.

If you flirt with him, like compliments and such, make it more obvious you're interested in him.

You can leave a funny note somewhere only he might see it at the bar.

The most obvious, simple and nerve reckoning of all would be to be blunt and honest with a simple "I like you, let's go have dinner sometime".

• yeahh. I tried to do it last thursdat but it was so nerve wracking. I just ended up backing out of it. I get so nervous.

What Guys Said 5

• Yea shoot for him! Get to know him a little first. Approach him when you're both on break maybe and have a chat chit. After talking to him for a while ask if he'd go out to what you are wanting to do. I'm sure he'd really appreciate the fact that a girl approached him this time. But don't ask him out more than once. If the relationship progresses, he needs to ask you out. He should get the lightbulb and know you like him so he can be the one to engage the next time.

• Sure, go ahead, ask him out! You're more aware of the mutual situation between you two so you're in a better position to, logically speaking.

• go for it, he'd be crazy to say no to you.

• Yeah, it's perfectly fine for a girl to show interest first. Start getting to know him gradually so that you two can take the discomfort out of the picture. Once you've got to know him more, ask him to go to lunch or whatever with you and just take it from there.

• if you like him that much then yes I don't see why not

if used to be a kind of tradtion that the man would ask the lady but that seems to be dissapearing with many of traditions

i don't see any harm with 2 people at work going for lunch

you could wait and see if he asks you out but how long are you willingn to wait

i think the easiest way for you to ask him is just to talk to him on your break and drop into so conversation like would like you like to have lunch with me somewhen?

something like that

hope that helps out :)

What Girls Said 1

• um yea?