Ladies, would you ever propose to a guy and give him an engagement ring?

i honestly think proposals are for women. Women want the romantic proposal with the nice engagement ring. It makes them feel good to have a man that goes thru all the trouble to make it special when he ask his love to be with him for the rest of his life. I feel like men don't really care about all that mess. Even weddings , men don't really care about all the little details that make the wedding perfect. Some could get married ina court house and be perfectly fine with that. I would never propose to a man, am I wrong for that? I just feel like there are certain things guys should do and certain things women should do. Proposing is one of them how do you feel?

• Yes I would propose to a man
  • No I would not propose to a man

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't agree with women proposing. VERY few men are secure enough in their manhood to let their significant other propose. Ask any guy, and I'm sure they'd feel uncomfortable being in a "submissive" role. I had 1 female friend who proposed because he wanted a ring, and they never made it down the aisle. She said that he was lazy and always wanted her to cater to his needs. So she dropped him and found a guy that could man up.

If the man loves you, he'll want to see the shocked expression on your face, and knowing that he's your knight-in-shining-armor who just made your dream come true. Some gender roles are meant to be kept. This is one of them!

What Guys Said 1

• absolutely right in this and I totally agree with you ,guys should try their best for the ones that they love and care about , to make it special for them and make them happy .

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think that proposals are just for men to deliver. I think that if I found the right guy, the guy I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, I would have no problem proposing to him. It's not like it's a huge deal to guys to plan the wedding or anything, but I do know several guys who have helped plan their weddings.

It's not a bad thing to be "progressive" enough to propose to a guy, I know most women wouldn't, but there are those out there who are with guys who just aren't sure if their girlfriends are ready to get married, so why not "pop the question" herself? There's nothing wrong with believing that it's something that guys should do, but it's also not a bad thing to do it yourself.

• No, you are not wrong. It is the 21st century after all. Women long for emancipation, earn their own money and are no longer dependent of their men. They want to be seen as an equal, do the same things like their men. So you should think that it is not a big deal if a women proposes to her men. Who cares if it is the man or the woman who takes the lead. Well, in a perfect world people would say: no one cares about stuff like that.

But the fact that you invested time -time that you could have spend otherwise - in asking this question shows that it isa big deal after all.

Normal scenario: Close friends/relatives tell you that they are engaged now, you say congrats etc and then you or someone else will ask them "So, how did he propose to you/How did you propose to her". It is still set in our minds that the men does the proposing.

I don't think it is wrong if a woman propose. It is like you said. It would perhaps be even more romantic, but most women (like me) still want to go all "tradionell" when it comes to this topic and expect the men to propose to them. Even if they are very "modern" when it comes to other topics. Sounds not very logical to your ears? Yeah, you may be right about that. lol

• I wanted to propose to my boyfriend, but a few months ago, we had a conversation about getting engaged, and I asked how would he feel about it if I proposed and he said he doesn't want me to propose cause he wouldn't feel like a man. plus he implied that he already plans on proposing soon. so yeah. kind of sad that I couldn't be different from other couples. hahaha. oh well. =)

• Why shouldn't a woman propose to a man? Where is it written that men don't want to feel the same things that women want to feel? I think society puts too much pressure on men as it is. If a man does propose he has to worry about what size ring he can afford because everyone is going to have something to say about that. Valentines day another pressure because every woman expects her man to go all out and buy her something special, but what if he wants to feel special. I think that women can propose to men the same way that men can propose to women. We women always talk about wanting to be equals yet we still impose things on men really giving them no choice in certain matters.

• Society puts too much pressure on men? What about double standards, single parents homes, pregnancy, the way society looks at cheating wife vs cheating husband, gender roles in family, the way society looks at teenage pregnancy of female vs male,etc. you have got to be kidding me. A man has a choice propose or move on. lol What pressure? a proposal is more about the fact a guy wants you to be in his life forever and have his kids not the ring and all that other mess. They are just the icing

• Not sure how what I said about men and women being able to do different things is considered male bashing but OK lol thanks for your answer.

• Bottom line in my opinion- Men should act like men and women should act like women... hence the reason for being a different gender in the first place..(we were made this way for a reason)

if anyone wants to be different or be treated different, they should get a sex change.

• It really depends on the sort of guy I'm with. But if the relationship was that way I certanily would propose.

• only if he wears a dress and prances around in victoria secret lingerie.

its for guys to do. end of story.

• I will never think of proposing to a man, unless I want to be the husband.

I am shy to stand when a guying is talking to me then talkless of proposing to him.

• yea right. guys get on there knees for ME. NOT the other way around lol.

• I've never given proposals much thought. I personally think that marriage should be more of a discussion than a guy getting on one knee and asking his sweetheart to marry him.