Best romance book or movie you ever read or watched?

what is it? how'd you react to it?

dang, you girls like the notebook, you're making me want to watch it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sadly mine is a manga book as most other literature really isn't for me... But it's D.N.Angel, basically about a guy who has loved the same girl from the moment he laid eyes on her, what made it better than predicable ones is that the character has sort of an alternate persona in which he likes this girls twin sister. When he is normal he feels terrible, but the girl he actually likes is unattainable, while the other girl likes his alternate persona. As with many manga books it eventually has a lot of confusing plotlines which I love. Deathnote being my favorite anime for twists and turns.

• yeah I've heard of D.N.Angel, I didn't know it was a love story, that's pretty original.

• As for the notebook, I thought it was awful... No offence to all the fans, it really didn't live up to the hype for me.

• yeah I don't get it, I couldn't really pay attention to it. but whatever, different taste I guess.

What Girls Said 7

• Hello My Love, I only say it's the best for me because I've never seen anything like it. It made me laugh, cry, and it kept me thinking. I'll never forget it *.*

• haha I thought you were calling me your love, I was like, what?

but that's cool, I like stories that make me think.

• Book - Black dagger brotherhood zsadist

Movie - The notebook (my brother who looks like he could be a bodyguard loved this movie lol) and Something New

• boy eats girl - movie

• Book: Deadly Little Secrets and Deadly Little Lies. I loved it, it was so mysterious and wonderful. I can't wait for the third book to come out.

Movie: The Notebook. I cried.

• i have the notebook but I have never been able to really watch it. never heard of those books but they sound interesting judging by the title.

• Romance movie : The Proposal and The Notebook

The Proposal: Cried , Laughed

Notebook : Cried , Laughed

• i love the proposal! since I was little it just made an impression on me.

• the notebook ftw

• I loved beautiful creatures/ beautiful darkness

What Guys Said 3

• Not trying to sound cliche, but I really like Romeo and Juliet. I really dig the tragedy elements rather than the tired and overused happily ever afters. If not Romeo and Juliet, then another similar tragedy like Antony & Cleopatra. Macbeth wasn't insanely rough on the emotions. Hamlet I liked, it was all over the place. The pain and lack of closure is sort of pleasing in it's own way. To me, it adds about 10x more emotion to the story. I've actually wrote little snips of "super tragedies", or at least thought about different plot lines. I'm talking like gut wrenching, borderline depressing tragedies that have a lot more pain involved. So yeah, the tragedies have really stuck with me enough to inspire me to make my own.

I don't know what it is or how to explain it, but tragedies are sadistic or masochist in their own way. The pain is almost enjoyable. But those above are just Shakespeare, a couple of the old Greek tragedies I like, as well as modern day movies with tragedy elements.

• its the emotion. a happy ending just leaves people satisfied and then they forget about it. but a tragedy makes you think, it makes you feel the emotion in the story like a happy ending rarely does. I completely understand where you're coming from.

• The best romance movies I've ever seen are Casablanca and every romance movie by Disney.

I haven't read that much romance books, but manga is similar, so I would say that the best romance manga I've seen is Card Captor Sakura and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle.

• oh, never heard of those, but I'm not really into manga besides Ranma 1/2, I love that one.

• none, I haven't written it yet