Boyfriend does not block ex's number?

My EX cheated on me and my current boyfriend knows how sensitive I am to that and I am realizing I am insecure. My Boyfriend is 53, never been married, engaged yes, but he has a past. I find myself jealous of his past...my issue. He dated a girl for 5 years. I know her. They have been broken up for years. She still text him. When I ask why he does not tell me she text him, he blows it off. I ask him why he is leaving the door open and he can block her number. We have had a few "discussions" on this subject. He says that he is paying for my EX's mistakes. Anytime a guy text me, I tell him. My concern is he has continued to see her over the years even the month before we meet. OK - his past...It seems to me he is keeping the door open. Am I totally off base?

What Guys Said 1

• He doesn't want to close the door on her as long as he is in contact he feels he can fall back to her if things don't work with you

What Girls Said 1

• Idk, I don't think he has to tell you every time she texts. Your not his warden Lol Maybe her texting is just not a big deal to him. What is the reason they brokke up? and who broke up with who? This all depends on if they are too close for comfort. I have an ex I can care less about physically, but we text and talk here and there because he is still a good person and that's it.