What to do when Marraige should be the next step and.............

I have been with a woman for 8 years. We have reached the point where marriage should be the next step. I love her deeply and can't imagine not having her in my life. But, at the same time there are things about her that I don't like and makes me wonder whether it will work. She has a great job but never has any money, (and has to borrow to pay bills), lives at home and mother cooks for her, and is very confrontational with everyone in her life (sans me at this point).

Most Helpful Girl

• marriage is just normal for our society. You guys don't need to tie the knot esp. if you have concerns. I would talk to her about this even before asking her to marry you. Maybe express your concerns lke her being confrontational with everyone. If she gets rawr at you I would think maybe she isn't the one you can see yourself with forever.

What Girls Said 2

• If you've been with her for 8 years and still have doubts, that's a big red flag.

• I know someone like that. There's prob more to the story then your telling us..but is that job of hers her career? or maybe she's still in school, or working and going to school? If you were with her for 8 yrs, and love her then you would help her. Relationships are a team effort, communication, and honesty. Maybe she's just going through rought times and needs support. Definately marriage wouldn't be an answer right now, but I wouldn't say to give up on her because marriage is the next step.

What Guys Said 1

• The fact that you still have second thoughts after 8 years means the answer is NO.