One guy/girl for the rest of your life

What if you were matched with a guy or girl (whatever gender you're attracted to) for life? (If you separated you will die!)

Sure it would suck if you got sick of each other but you would be forced to work through your problems. There would be no fights because you will know neither one will win, you both will have to compromise. I guess that's what marriage was suppose to be but it has obviously lost its authenticity.( link

"Till death do us part.. or until I can't stand you any more!"

Why has marriage changed from being the serious commitment it was? People say homosexual marriage would ruin the meaning of marriage, but what meaning is there?

I know there are people that take it serious, but even still in the back of their head they know divorce is an option. My parents who are in their 50's are considering divorce! Maybe were aren't meant to be attached to another person for life?

this is the link I meant to post... link

-Britney Spears was married for 30 hours! lol

Most Helpful Guy

• playa4life right here, haha;)

What Guys Said 4

• > What if you were matched with a guy or girl (whatever gender you're attracted to) for life? (If you separated you will die!)

Then the first thing we'd have talk about would be having an open relationship. Problem solved! :)

• I already have that, with my girl :) And we're serious about marriage and everything that comes with it. We already fight like a married couple, but we work through our differences and it makes us stronger. I wanna be attached to her for the rest of my life. And someday, I will be :)

• Oh, there'd be fights. Not necesssarily the type that destroy relationships, but fights there would be.

• I would cherish monogamy

What Girls Said 3

• i couldn't do dat!

• I could probably learn to live with anyone. If I knew I had nothing in common with someone and couldn't get married, I would just set some ground rules and we'd live together in the most separate way possible. But I'm a social butterfly and always see the best in people, odds are I'd be happy anyways, so long as they aren't abuse or complete jerks.

• As depressing as this may seem, arranged marriages statistically worked out better than love matches because the couples had to work together to make it work.Then again you can argue that some of them had lovers on the side...

I'm sorry you are so jaded about marriage. I believe in it, but I do agree that many people out there may make the wrong choice/get married for the wrong reasons and then regret it later on.

• They work out mostly because they can't get divorced for the exact same reasons why they were forced to marry. Tradition and fear of being disowned and excommunicated; they don't "work out."