My partner of 2.5 years broke up with me - he "wanted to be alone" but my friend saw him kiss another girl

what does this mean. he always has said how happy I made him and that I was the one, how much he loved me and told me he wanted to marry me. he was looking at engagement rings and we had just bought a dog then he started getting attention from a girl at his work (who my friend saw him with) we broke up because of trust issues surrounding this girl now they've been seen together kissing (2 weeks after breaking up). he's recently been promoted and has a real attitude, like he's too cool for me, and has started trying to impress the people he works with by getting new clothes and talking differently. I still love him and want to be with him, I want to spend the rest of my life with him. he said the break up had nothing to do with me and doesn't want me to not be in his life, he even said he might want to get back together in the future but I shouldn't wait around for him. what does this mean and what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• it means you guys are over. time for you to move on too

What Guys Said 1

• It means exactly what he said. Seriously what is it with you girls asking what a simple sentence means?

As for kissing that other girl, I'm guessing it was one of those one-thing-led-to-another situations.

What Girls Said 2

• It means move on. Don't waste your time, or feelings mauling this over. Save yourself the heart ache.

• Honestly I'm just a little girl but I've heard that the only reason a guy breaks up with you is because he doesn't want you anymore.. sorry but he didn't want you anymore and he just made something up so that you wouldn't get hurt..