Civll Rights & Gay Rights, are they the same?

People say there not because one fought for rights against color discrimination and was treated way worse. As for the other, its just a legal disagreement for marriage.

What do you think? I'm curious.

I meant civil rights movement for the black community and gay rights for the gay community.

Most Helpful Guy

• gay rights is a part of civil rights

civil rights is not a race only thing, that idea is just cuase of the civil rights movement time in which the right was race based

from wikipedia:

"Civil and political rights are a class of rights that protect individuals' freedom from unwarranted infringement by governments and private organizations, and ensure one's ability to participate in the civil and political life of the state without discrimination or repression."

• what I meant was the civil rights movement for blacks, comparing it to the rights the gay community is fighting for...people just seen upset because how blacks were discriminated because of the color of they're skin and weren't giving the right to be in existence as a human beings. Though in the gay community, they have their share of discrimination its far less degrading. So the two shouldn't be compared on any level. That's what I'm hearing all around.

• oh, thanks for your feedback

• just because it is not at the scale as race was doesn't make it not as bad, any amount of unjust discrimination should not be tolerated.

They shouldn't be compared as what discrimination, but they are forms of discrimination which are easily comparable on other levels(attacks because of it, restrictions cause of it)

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• They are essentially the same. They are both fighting for the same basic thing.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes.

Both are or were discrimination.I don't see how a person can justify one form of discrimination being worse than the other.

• It's more an just a marriage issue. Gays are discriminated against, aren't allowed to marry each other even though they LOVE each other, they aren't given any of the rights married couples are either. I think gays are treated better (at least physically) because the government is more open (as in not as publically against) gay marriage. However, they are still treated unfairly and it's not right.

• I get what you saying too. People say it may be discrimination of some form but to compare the two...but that's neither here or there. Thanks for the feedback.