I'm not really sure what to do about this "marriage" situation..

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 3 years now. Today, my old next door neighbor recently asked my younger sister if we were still together (since they were at Church and I didn't go today) and she replied yes. The neighbor than further on asked if we were going to get married. My sister had stated she didn't know.

When my sister had been brought home, she had told me this in front of my father. He had given me this look that completely freaked me out. I'm 18, but I'm a junior in high school (it's the way my stupid school district works :(..) anyways, I'm not sure what to do.

Should I tell my boyfriend what my neighbor had said? I'm not looking to get married right now, it would be nice but realistically, it wouldn't work out. And honestly, when should you get married? (age wise when you've been with someone since 8th grade)

Most Helpful Girl

• i mean if you guys are comfortable discussing things like this without him freaking out and thinking that you want to get married, then there's no reason not to talk about it.. personally though I try to stay away from the subject when I know its not a guy I would see myself marrying. its kinda an awkward topic unless you both are on the same page and looking to do so..

you can't really give a time as to when you "should" get married, its whenever the two of you realize together, that you really do want to spend the rest of your lives together. and it also depends on your situation when it comes to school I guess, and work. if I plan on going to grad school id get married later, and if I wanted a stable job before marriage (which I do) then it would be even later. for me, I don't think I'm going to get married until after I'm like 25 or 26. haven't really thought that far ahead yet

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Uummmmm if you want go ahead and tell him bt tell him in like a joke manner so he doesn't freak out and their isn't really like a age to get married like when ever you both feel like your ready for it :)

• You should decide its time to get married on your own time line. Becuase your 18 and will probably live to 100. Do you really know who you want to spend the next 82 years with?