Guys, what do you think about woman proposing?

guys only (girls there's a spot in poll to view results)

how do you feel about women proposing.

say you were with your significant other for however long and you are sure now that she is "the one" so the ideal of marriage is now in your head and your wanting to do a surprise proposal but she beats you to the punch and proposes to you .

• Vote A Man should only propose, period! ...that's not cool if a woman was to do that.
  • Vote B I have to be the one to pop the question so if she in fact did do that I would decline, tell her why and propose to her like planned though it would not be much of a surprise then
  • Vote C I don't care. That would be great if she proposes first.
  • Vote D GIRLS click here to view the results.
I originally asked this question for guys only but if you are a woman and want to add a commit with your views that's fine.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the relationship would have to be clearly structured in a way such that the woman had always been the more dominant figure. If I'm dating a girl, and for the most part I'm in the dominant position, and she busts out a marriage proposal, I might freak out.

I honestly think for most men it would be a massive pride crusher. He'd be humiliated. I don't think society is quite at the place where women could freely propose. They can ask guys out though, that is a change. Being asked out by a girl isn't really that shocking nowadays, but marriage, I just don't think we're ready yet.