Marrying after one month?

So my good friend (really cute chick, nt sure why I didn't start dating her) has been asked to marry a guy after like a month of dating. She said that she needs more time. Right choice from my viewpoint. I simply think that there is something fishy going on, and that it is a dumbass move from the guys part.

Do you think it would be appropriate to get engaged after knowing a person for a couple of months?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its dumb to ask anyone to get married after a month of dating.besides who would do that you barely know someone at that stage.

What Girls Said 6

• I think it depends. If the situation seems fishy, or she has doubt, then it is obviously way too soon. On the other hand, my sister got married after dating a guy for only four months, and they are incredibly happy. But they had to get married sooner than they wanted because he went to Afghanistan, so they had a different set of circumstances.

• I think that if they can work really well together and have at least had a fight, to where they both understood the problem and worked together to fix it, then it might be acceptable. But I highly recommend living together for awhile before things get too serious.

• Absolutely not. It's a ridiculous desision for anyone to make. What is marriage anyway?

• it depends on the people in the relationship. I have a friend that got engaged one week he started dating her. they just made a year back in july and they are very happy.

• of course it wasn't appropriate! I would be scared and most likely leave him after that.

• The guy is probably very insecure. I would definitely freak and leave the girl if she popped the q. I think they broke up now.

• Absolutely ridiculous! .

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, its a dumb ass think to do for 2 reasons:-

1, Propossing after a month is a red flag nutter sign. I would advise your friend to run as far and as fast as she can from this bloke, before she comes home and finds buddies boiling in a pot.

2, Assuming she's the same age as you (21) then getting married at that age is a really stupied thing to do anyway. Any marriage at a age below 24 years olds has only a 20% chance of lasting longer than 4 years. So why get married that young. Your just setting your self up for fall.

• Yeah I think they broke up. He pressured her too...something like "I want all of you, or none of you"

I plan to get married around 28 when house, steady income is going to be for sure. But I'm sure this girl will tell her kids of this story.

• I wouldn't do it because if I got the wrong impression of the person within that first month it's a huge error in judgment.