How do I STOP men from proposing to me?

I have been proposed to more than 11 times. I don't get why men don't understand that every woman doesn't just settle for anything. If you are not what I am looking for then that should be it. I know what I want and if I can't have that then I'd rather be alone. I watched too many women be married and miserable. I don't even have high expectations, I just want someone I can see myself laying back on the sofa watching TV with and not necessarily having to fill the time with words but he knows when to pass the popcorn and then when to pass my drink before I choke on a kernel without talking cause he knows me so well lol. I don't think that's a lot to ask for.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your requests are not unreasonable. But at age 26 I've realized how much compromise goes into a serious relationship and no offense, but if you're 30+ years old there isn't the biggest window of opportunity left for you.

I don't think anybody really wants to be alone (even it's for the "right reasons") they just use that as a cop-out for their loneliness.

My mother gave me some of the best advice I've ever heard -

NO MAN (or woman, for that matter) IS AN ISLAND =)

• oh I definitely agree with you. I don't want to be alone at all but I also don't want to be with someone just because I don't want to be alone. Yeah I don't have the biggest window if I want kids and the jury is still out on that but you'd be surprised how many guys don't mind my age...well at least up to 35 lmbo, if that's the window you mean then I agree lol. I just don't see myself being miserable just to be married and be able to say I'm married ya know

• Yep, I was referring to society's view. I actually find older women MUCH more attractive than younger women. But you are right about being with someone awful than being alone. LOVE TAKES EFFORT

• I guess the bad part is that its not that they are awful. They are good guys but just not good for me. I just don't see a marriage. I talk to a lot of married people and they always tell me "that annoying thing he does now will get more annoying later" lol and I can just see myself getting annoyed by some of these guys even though they are good guys in terms of career, etc. but I just don't get that feeling about them. I've even get mad at myself why I don't just pick one but that's not right

What Guys Said 2

• ez tell them your gay

• I tried that once and then he wanted to meet her and possibly have a 3-some lmbo

• Get real. You can't control what other people do. Say no.

What Girls Said 1

• Hmmm...Why do they propose to you? Are you dating them? Friends with them? Or what?

• Both. If it is someone I meet and talk to and I already know its not going to work then I tell them upfront and we usually remain friends but that just makes it worse because then they tell me they are OK just being friends but then they end up liking me more and within a year or 2 I get the sit down convo that they want to be with me and why I don't feel the same. a few I was dating but there's more to marriage than I like you and you like me, you have to agree on religion, sex, money etc

• Ofcourse. I completely understand. Well, I'm not sure what to tell you. Just keep rejecting these people and when you find the guy of your dreams say "yes!" lol. Hope everything works out! (: