Has anyone else lost their faith in marriage too?

I honestly don't see the point of marriage in today's society, with the high rate of divorce and what not. Even my own parents, while not divorced, can cause each other quite a bit of grief on a regular basis. To be honest, it's just not something I see myself doing, or at least not happily. And I'm really skeptical on the idea of a guy fully committing to one woman for the rest of his life. If I get married, I want it to be for life but the more I think about it the more unrealistic it seems to me. What are your opinions on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I agree with you, but mainly because oftentimes, women are expected to give up so much more than men in marriage. I'm talking about name change, maternity leave, who does the household chores, etc. Also, I hate the color white (it looks horrible on my skin tone) so I will never going to wear a white dress again. I'm not saying this out of spite, I DID wear a white dress once (not a wedding) and the color just blended right into my skin. If I can find a man who is okay with being on equal grounds, and who I can trust, then I'll get married, but I'm in no rush. These days it seems like guys are more in a rush to get married; my past 2 bfs brought up the marriage and kids words and I was like, uh huh...yea right...

What Guys Said 3

• you get married for the child basically, love is fleeting but it's possible to find a cool partner to spend the rest of your life with, where you two can support each other and go on trips and drink tea on the porch as long as you get rid of the idea of a marriage that is "ideal"

• You are too young to have made up your mind about it. Sadly, the hook up culture may have given you the impression that men will never be faithful, but that isn't true. There are men who are honorable. My parents divorced too, but I bet they had good years.

• 0|0

What Girls Said 4

• My parents are happy in their marriage, so I think that's why I still have faith that it can work out. It's not easy, but it can be rewarding. Don't give up hope yet.

• I don't believe in marriage. I am not religious and would feel hypocritical to promise in front of "god" to stay with this one person for the rest of my life. Besides that I don't think I could ever promise to love someone forever. I don't know what will happen in the future and I would rather have my partner stay with me because they want to than because they made a promise to. The legal part of it is good though, but a will can give you most of the same securities.

• I know what you mean about parents causing each other grief, but I don't think that it is something that didn't happen earlier.

Being skeptical about a guy being able to committing to one woman sounds a bit like they can't control themselves, and marriage is not just about love, it is about trust as well.

I haven't lost faith in marriage yet :)

• i personally don't want to get married, I find no point in it.