What's your view on marriage?

Regardless of your current relationship status, what do you think about the institution of marriage?

What makes you feel that way?

How long have you felt that way?

Feel free to further discuss anything I left out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think marriage is a great way to really commit yourself to someone, to basically announce to the world that you love them more than anyone else and that you want to be with them for the rest of your life, through the good and bad.

But I do agree that it's become really shallow in a way, since divorce is so common now; it makes me really sad to see how many of my friends have been raised by a single parent because of divorce, or even to see two married people that hardly get along. It's like some people just got married because they felt they were expected to.

I'm not sure how long I've felt that way, considering that's been my opinion ever since I could form one lol.

I've always looked forward to getting married someday, but the way many people take it so lightly these days really scares me. :/

What Guys Said 2

• I think marriage has become a shell of what it once was. It used to be a comitment but now its an idea. People nowadays think "If it doesn't work I can just get a divorce." and that's not how its susposed to work. For the few that do see what it is about, I can't think of anything grander. Do it, but only if you're ready. I've felt this way for about seven years.

• I been married for 17 years its been a long road some great times some that sucked but no matter what I had some one with me to help .its good tohave some one who balances you out .Its not always roses and rainbows ,but ts not bad.

• Congrats on the longevity, and thanks for the reply!

What Girls Said 1

• Marriage to me is when two people want to spend the rest of their lives together because they love each other. It's great to know that you will always have someone by your side. but I would never get married unless I knew 100% that this guy was the one for me. We would both have to be financially stable to support a marriage, because If I was married I would want to have kids. And kids cost a lot.plus getting a house isn't cheap. there's just so many things to consider before marriage.