He claims that we're married?

So I have a super sweet, loving boyfriend. He has to travel a lot for business. He's very attractive, but I don't really worry about him cheating on me... we have a very sturdy relationship. But he came home from a trip a few weeks ago, and one of his buddies told me that when women approach him (yeah, it happens a lot) that he is married. He even goes as far as to show them my picture and wear a ring. I think it's sweet, but I also think it kind of will take away the excitement as a couple when we finally do get engaged. I feel like he's been pretending for so long in his mind that it won't be a big deal to him anymore. Is that wrong of me? Should I just be grateful that he is turning all these other girls down? Idk... I just want our REAL engagement to be special.

I should also add that marriage has been a topic for a while.Of course, I am just elated by the idea of marrying him. But I feel like this action is kind of connected. he's been so excited, and I think that he's just kind of jumping the gun since
he hasn't proposed yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfreind gave me an "I Love You ring" and I wear it on my marraige finger because I'm taken by him and when guys hit on me I say I'm engaged, just like on here. It doesn't take away from the excitement for the future it just shows me that I really do want only him, and it gets all the other guys off my back easily. When a person says they are happily married or engaged it shows that they/re in a serious relationship and don't want to play games or any of that, so its a good thing, don't worry

What Guys Said 1

• He doesn't want to go through the hassle of other women approaching him when he's not interested in them. This has no bearing effect on your engagement.

What Girls Said 3

• Wow, your so lucky with a guy like that. He just seems so unreal (lol), tbh just wait for when your "real" engagement and I'm sure that he will make it special, don't worry I'm sure that he will do everthing to make you feel special on your day! Good Luck :D

• It's a good thing to me. He's chasing them away by telling them he is already married. Wish I could get mine to do that.

• No. I understand where your concerns are coming from, but they are unfounded. Sometimes I'll wear a wedding band when I go to bars to keep guys away, but I don't show them my bf's pic. For me, it wouldn't take anything away from the real thing. I 'm sre he feels the same. Telling someone you're taken is the easiest and fastest way to get rid of unwanted attention