Guys how would you feel if you popped the question but doesn't want to change her last name?

How would you feel if you popped the question to your girl (Will you marry me?) and she happily says yes but tells you she doesn't want to change her last name.

How would you feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be fine with it, but I'd probably like to discuss it with her. Maybe she'd be open to having a hyphenated name? But if she really wanted to keep her maiden name, I wouldn't mind too much. And if I'm marrying her, that means I really love her, so it wouldn't really matter that much.

• What would you name the kids? They would marry too, and then hyphenated names get complicated. Depends if you want kids of course.

• Lmao I guess, but that's pretty damn unlikely :P

• Lol, well it's a thought ;)

What Guys Said 14

• A little insulted, but if I had the will to propose, I probably wouldn't care. It seems like a little silly to completely back-out of an engagement for that reason, but I suppose I could see some people doing it.

Personally, yeah, I wouldn't really be worried. I'd be more interested in the girl than the last name people would address her by.

• Wouldn't bother me one bit. One thing I understand and accept is that I will never control the decisions of another adult human being, and their ability to exercise their own free will and judgment is something I will love and respect them for.

• Couldn't care less. Changing last names is a really old fashioned idea.

• We've been married 12 years and still have that issue. Oh she did change her last name, but retains her surname at times when she sees fit.

Can't say I blame her though, since I don't get along with my parents and would just as soon change MY name to HERS.

• i'd be fine with that.

• I'd be a bit Confused? @_@

• I'd be fine with that. Usually it's because a lady has an established business or name recognition or she simply may not like his last name.

My friends last name is Quinn & no lie he found & married a girl with the last name of Quinn. The joke is that every time he was asked her maiden name he would just say Quinn. He would make the person asking the question go round & round never volunteering that she has the same last name before they were married.

• So she'd want to keep her father's last name, then.

• Not everyone has their dads last name, I don't

• At some point going back, you have the last name of one of your patriarchs.

• How would she want to name our kids? Plus I'd have asked her that before I asked to marry her.

• I don't care. Unless your last name is like buttf*** or something. lol

• rip the finger off her dinger and kick her ass to the curb

• I wouldn't be upset but if that were the case, why even bother popping the question? she's basically saying she doesn't want things to change.

• If the woman made more money than me and wanted me to take her last name then I would say no. If I made more money than her then I'll take her name.

• No problem with that.

What Girls Said 1

• I wonder what they'd name the kids then. My mom kept her maiden name, but I have my father's last name. People always get confused about it.

• That's what I was wondering. Unless he has some ridicules last name. What is proper or is there a proper way to do this?

• I have no idea. Either you take the guys name, he takes your name, you both keep your names and decide what to name the kids, or you hyphenate and give the kids your hyphenated names. That last one would be really confusing. You have your child Stacy Taylor-Johnson marrying Bill Smith. What do you do next? Taylor-Johnson-Smith?