If the two are in love, why not marry?

Be completely honest. You all should know by now I WILL NOT JUDGE YOU. not harshly anyway. If you are in a loving successful relationship why wait to get married? Why won't couples marry young? For what reason do they stay in a serious relationship for YEARS?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not know why couples wait. My boyfriend and I met our junior year of high school and hope to be married next year or the year after that. A lot of people think we are crazy for marrying each other when we are "young" but they do not know how great our relationship is and don't even bother to understand the reasons why we know we will be successful.The only reason we are waiting is so we can save up for a wedding and we also need enough money to support ourselves. If we could we would get married now but that just isn't an option because we both are in college and don't work enough to make the money we need to support ourselves. I think everyone can agree it is crazy hard to make money today. Maybe other couples also have that problem. I think others that meet when they are young want to make sure their feelings don't go away. If they marry the person on a whim then they may regret it later. Everyone has their reasons for why they may wait. I want to marry him as soon as I can and I know we will be successful. I wouldn't even think about getting married if I had any doubts. I'm not waiting to be successful and do things in life before I get married...I wanna do all that stuff with my boyfriend and grow together through it.

What Guys Said 2

• Because marriage is a financial bomb for guys. I have no interest making myself that vulnerable.

• If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

What Girls Said 4

• People are afraid...afraid it may change when you get married...afraid that what if one changes over time? What if one cheats? Then you will get your heart broken along with your children's hearts...It's a big mess if divorce is involved. Although...I am all for marriage. I'd like to be in a relationship for about 2-3 years...then get engaged..then married eventually after college.

• Maybe they're saving up for a nice wedding? Or, they want to live together for a few years to know if they're ready to spend the rest of their lives together? I think there's lots of logical reasons for it, really. xD

• My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years we are engaged and have been for 2 years. I am paying for school and we can not afford to have a wedding. Neither one of us just want to go to the court house and do it. We want a nice wedding and that will have to wait tell I am done with school.

• I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 5 years and its still so great we do want to get married and we plan to the only reason we haven't is we both want to have a big amazing wedding and we don't have enough money right now :). It just means so much more to me than going to some cheap little place or just going to the court house and signing papers or whatever..