Girls: Bachelor/Bucks nights - your opinion?

Me and some gfs were catching up a few weeks back, and I was shocked to find out that a lot of them wouldn't "allow" (or, approve of) their fiances having a bachelor/bucks night if they were to get married. I found it bizarre? Please note: I do not condone cheating at these parties, but the idea that women actively prevent their men from having them is kinda crazy to me?

I don't see them as "grieving over a loss of freedom", I see it as turning a page and celebrating that growth. Or, even better, having a final boys' night as a 'single' man.

So girls: what is your opinion of them and guys, what's yours?

Most Helpful Girl

• ok... so unlike the guy said... if youve ever been to one theyre not typically sex involved. its a cliche. I'm all for it! have one final time out to have fun with your friends as a "single" (not married) man or woman! because you're about to be committed to one person for the rest of your life! and as exciting as that might seem its just as frightening. so I am all for this for both the male and female. as you said though I as well do not condone cheating.

What Guys Said 3

• I went to 5 different strip clubs, got hammered with the guys (with a DD) invited a stripper over and invited all of my ex-girlfriends over so they could party too. That was the evening 'prelude' into the actual day of partying before I married my wife.

No, my 'future' wife was not told what we were doing.

No, I have not cheated on her after 10 years of marriage.

No, I did not get all of my party days out of me.

I'm not every guy, but this is my perspective. My friends and I had an amazing time and if she told me I wasn't allowed to have a bachelor party or something similar, we would have never gotten married. People need the freedom to choose. Take that away and you create an abusive situation that will only get worse.

• I'm against them. There's typically sex involved.

• 10 years ago, before my first marriage, a couple of friends and I went out for such a night. We stopped at a strip club. After about 10 minutes, one of the guys said to me "Feel like a loser yet?"

It really didn't do anything for me, and the wife later found out. It was one of those "I know about how you went to a strip club with the guys" confrontations, and I was like, "Yeah, so?"

Personally, I thought it was a waste. Of course, it didn't involve sex, and considering how the marriage turned out, it didn't include enough drinking (but I hate drinking until I get sick).

I think the whole party night happened because my friend was into celebrating holidays/rites. (He overdid Christmas although he was basically atheist).

What Girls Said 2

• If it's really celebration why not do like the 10% of couples who remain in love after decades did combine the bachelor/bachelorette party?

• i don't think its a real bad idea cause like you said its just one night of freedom but it shouldn't be a every weekend after that kind of thing...to be honest I wouldn't want some woman dancing on my man at anytime cause I'm sure he wouldn't approve if that were to happen with me but one night of fun I don't think that should be a huge deal