What is your criteria for marriage?

I've noted my friends make random comments like "Before I marry a girl I'll have to have dated her for 4 years and lived with her for at least one of them." So it made me curious. What are you criteria?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'll only marry them when I feel like they're a part of me, that giving them up would be like losing my soul

What Guys Said 4

• Compatibility. I value that more than anything... searched for years and found it. Hadta go way outside my region to get her, but I did. We met, dated and all that... But I found it was compatibility that did it for me...

• If I love her and things feel right, that's probably enough.

• No comment

• If I love her, she loves me, and the relationship isn't toxic, I'll marry her.

What Girls Said 7

• Ideally, I'd like to date my betrothed 4-6 years before the marriage, wtih maybe a year for the engagement. It is not important to me that we live together, but I could be swayed if it was really important to my future husband.

• When I can trust the guy completely, and that I know that our life plans are on the same page. I mean I wouldn't like to be married for a couple of years to find out that he never wants children or that he wants to move to another country or something.

• If I get married (not sure I want to), I'll have to be dating the guy for at least three years first. They say that after three years, infatuation wears off and if you're still compatible together and have chemistry, you know (really know) you're in love.

Other than that, shared values, compatibility, trust, honesty, and friendship are what I require. Similar parenting skills or ideas would probably be helpful too.

• my boyfriend criteria is he will marry me after we finish school and live together for a year. my critera is I will marry him after I finish school and he propses, and of course provided that we still love, trust and understand each other.

• i'll only marry him when...

we have lived together for about a year &

i completely trust & love him <--& vise versa

• I don't have any requirements. When I know, I'll know. Follow your heart, that's how I live life.

• Genuine, financial stable