50% of marriages fail, despite those numbers will you still get married?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's an inaccurate statistic you have there. Almost half as many divorces occur as marriages per year. That doesn't mean half of all marriages are destined to fail. In fact one statistic claims that "81% of college graduates who got married in the 1980s at age 26 or older were still married 20 years later" and that "age is one of the clearest predictions of divorce." They also say the divorce rates are at its lowest level since 1970. If you want to find any of this stuff, I got it from articles on the Huffington Post and the NY times websites.

Basically, you shouldn't let the 50% statistic scare you if you want to get married. If you don't rush into marriage and are actually willing to work out marital problems with your partner, you'll probably be fine.

All that being said, I doubt I'll get married or at least I haven't planned on it.

What Guys Said 9

• Only once I have spent a lot of time with the person, learned a lot about them, and really made up my mind that they are a person that I really want to marry. But I wouldn't be upset to just have a long term girlfriend, like Gene Simmons lol. She seems like a super sweet lady and puts up with their relationship, though she always hints to him that she'd like a wedding lol.

• Yes, I'll take the odds.

• I would...it's like a normal phase everyone has to do in life...

• Eh I don't really see a point in the institution of marriage anymore. I probably would never get married even if with a girl I cared a lot about.

• Yes! The issue is that too many relationships involve emasculated men. Men who handle their wife with assertive care will never lose her.

• I'd like to.

• Yeah because if it means enough you work for it.

• haha, NO.

What Girls Said 4

• Why not? And hey so what if one fail, the next one might last 50 years. You can't let the past of stats stop you from doing something you want. My great aunt was married three times, the third one lasted nearly 50 years(my uncle died) but if she hadn't been married two others times her life wouldn't of been what it was for her to meet her last husband.

• ...and 50% of marriages are a success.

• yes, I will and because thoes numbers mean nothing. its just a number.

• I find no point in marriage.