Was she lying to me when I proposed her?

i proposed my love to a girl who I was following for quite sometime. she said she is already in relationship and that shocked me. that is the first time ever I talk to her and I ended up in disappointment. girls should help me with this issue. do you think she is telling the truth or just lying to avoid me?

actually, I said I like her(not I love her).. and I didn't stalk on her, it was like we mutually share looks and smiles from distance.. I'm sorry I have written it wrong here.. and I accept with you all, I should have started it from getting her number and becoming friends.. I messed it up by being too straight..

Most Helpful Girl

• What I am wondering here is you were following her? Isn't stalking illegal? If you weren't in a real relationship with this girl, then you have no reason to be upset that she was in a relationship. Normally if you are proposing to a girl, you have been in a relationship with her for a while and know some things about her. I would leave her alone, it's obvious she rejected your proposal. I would try finding someone you can have a real relationship with, date them for a while and then if you feel the relationship is working than propose.

• actually, I said I like her(not I love her).. and I didn't stalk on her, it was like we mutually share looks and smiles from distance.. I'm sorry I have written it wrong here.. and I accept with you, I should have started it from getting her number and becoming friends.. I messed it up by being too straight.. she said she is in a relationship in an uncertain voice, that's I asked the question in first place.. how can I fix it now//

• I would apologize to her, say that you were going too fast. Try asking her to just hang out with you, go out for a coffee or something like that. Don't put any pressure on her for anything, just try to get to know her better.

What Girls Said 2

• Following her around for a long time without talking and then proclaiming that you 'love' her is probably intimidating for the young lady in question...

The feelings are probably too strong for her, since she's never actually met you. Strong love, can be the basis for fantastic relationships,...but you have to woo her. Tell her that she's really interesting to you, that you'd like to know her better. Go on a date, get her number...but you have to do something to lure her in, you can't just expect the feelings to be mutual on first contact.

In answer; maybe she is maybe she isn't in a relationship, but either way you should soften your approach if you want to pursue her.

OR, show some more general confidence, next time you feel like your interested in someone, actively try and make them interested back.

• thanks. I'll try that..

• Did you mean professed your love or you proposed literally? And did you follow her like stalk or did you mean you talked to her for a while? Just wanna be clear?

• actually, I said I like her(not I love her).. and I didn't stalk on her, it was like we mutually share looks and smiles from distance whenever we happen to see each other..

What Guys Said 1

• dude you just meet her and you said you loved her? love is a strong word, don't use it until you actually mean it. you probably came off as a creep.

• i like your comment,everyone throws the love word around like it ain't sh*t but to me I am not going to say it unless I really feel it and we been together for a while.

• I have never said it to any woman other than my mom and grandma. I usually say I really really like you but saving that for the day I truly feel it.

• i didn't tell I love her, I just said I like her and tried to give my number so that we can start knowing each other.. but she refused to get my number and said she is in a relationship.. she said those words very uncertainly..