Marry through arranged marriage or the girl I love?

hi, I'm new to this site and this is the first and the last question I'll probably ask. I want to get advice if I should marry the girl that I'm dating right or marry the girl that my parents want me to. the girl that I'm dating right is from a poor family but she is gorgouse and a very sweet caring girl. but the girl that my parents want to marry is a virgin and a very pretty girl from a very rich family. I am also from a rich family from the middle east so is the girl that my parents want me to marry. My parents are claming that the girl that I'm dating is a gold digger and wants me just because of our wealth. Which I don't really agree with them, because when I told her about the girl that my parents choose. she freaked out and just left with out a big argument then I texted her that I'll let her keep the car and the house that we live in right now she replied that she doesn't want anything from me if I choose the other girl over her and that she is going to return every single thing that I bought her. if you were in the same situation what would you do? I been dating the current girl for 4 and a half years I meet her in college.

Most Helpful Girl

• do you love your girlfriend? who's more important to you, your family or your girlfriend? I sort of can relate to your position, it's very difficult to have to choose...but at the end of the day, you have to go with what's more important to you.

• sorry, I see that in your title question, you do say that you love her. in that case, work on identifying which one is more important to you. family/wealth or your girlfriend.

• Do you have a boyfriend right now that you love?

• nope. but my parents are like yours, and I know if I ever did love somebody that they didn't approve of...it would be a catastrophe.

What Girls Said 5

• If you love her then you should marry her. Trust me I come from a family like yours and your family will get over. They just want what's best for you! Arranged marriages, people do seem to stay married longer than people who has girlfriends/boyfriends and get married. A lot of those girlfriend/boyfriend relationships don't work out because they are so picky, they are so used to being able to find what they want, that when they get into a relationship and one thing doesn't go right they're ready to leave and find someone else. Arranged marriages people never been with anyone so when they finally get married they fall so quick with this person they nothing about, that they learn to love the person for the personality and for the material things that they don't or do have.

Think long term...

• What do you want the most?! To be happy in life or to make other people happy?! Your decision to marry the girl you love will ruin the relationship between your parents and yourself, thus making you blame her because you chose her over who your parents. However if you marry the rich girl you will not be happy because your heart lies with the poor girl and you will blame your parents for making you marry her. It is a loose loose situation what is the most important relationship that you do not want to loose?

• I don't know what my parents would do if I choose the 'poor' girl. When I was sent to US to study they warned me not to fall for a girl here because I been told since I was a little kid that I'm going to be married through aranged marriage. She is the first girl that I have dated. Sometimes I wonder if it's just lust rather then love. what if I don't love her and end up getting a divorce like the other 50% people in US. If that happens then I lose both.

• A lot of Middle Eastern guys that I know usually marry who their parents arrange for them, even after dating and sleeping with girls out of wedlock. Sorry but you are in a really difficult situation, and I say do what feels right to you ...

• if you love you're current girlfriend then why are you questioning this. your obviously a big boy, I feel like your parents need to step away from this and just let you decide. If you love her...stay with her or you might regret it for the rest of your life.

• It will be hard to tell your parents but I think you should follow your heart...and that being the your girlfriend:) forget about your parents because they will not be marrying the girl either way, choose the one you love and can live a happy life with :)

• The girl you love.

What Guys Said 2

• Assuming you live on Earth, your parents have no right to force you to marry anyone you don't want, or even to marry at all. They have every right to have an opinion about how you life your life, but in the end, it's exactly that. YOUR life. Not theirs.

While there are some cultures in the world that still practice "arranged marriages", they are rarely happy for either person.

I say do what you want to do. Your parents are just going to have to accept your decision, regardless of which one you make.

• haha damn straight

• What if they don't accept it? And totally cut me out of the family.

• If they can't accept it, then it's their loss. The person you marry is the person with whom you choose to spend the rest of your life. If your parents fault you for that, they are not fit parents.

• Naturally in the US mos tpeople would tell you to marry the girl you love, but we're not dealing with the US and you have to cnosider your family. And they might be right; they're not blinded by love, likely this girl ismotivated by your money.

I can't give you an easy answer to this. Anyone who thinks there is a simple answer is kidding you.