Do you believe that men should do the proposing or the women?

When it comes to a marriage proposal, who should be the one doing the proposing? In your opinion.

• Men
  • Women

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol I know I just commented on a question saying girls should ask guys out just like guys ask girls out but I'm going to contradict myself with this. I think a Proposal should be left to the guy to do the asking. I have honestly never seen or heard of a girl proposing to a guy. Although if the girl really wants to I wouldn't be mad if she did the proposing.

What Guys Said 10

• Why does it have to be the duty of a particular gender? Assigning roles based on gender is such a barbaric concept to me.

• It doesn't matter, does it?

• Anyone.

• asking out on a date is okay for either gender, but marriage propoal should be the guy

• Society dictates the man. But society doesn't know what it wants half the time. I just don't see why it should matter.

• It doesn't matter. I plan on doing it though.

• I truthfully don't think it matters

• Whoever wants too first, I guess. Equality is always the best way. =)

• Whoever wants to. Doesn't matter in reality.

• I'd prefer to do it, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

What Girls Said 9

• I didn't vote in the poll because I don't think it matters. I don't see it as one gender's role or the others.

• I would personally wnt my man to propose to me...

• If men want to propose, let them. If women want to propose, let them. Who cares? Either way it doesn't affect me in any way. I have a couple of friends (women) who have proposed to their now fianc├ęs and husbands.

• It honestly wouldn't matter either way to me. If one of us thinks the time is right, that would be the time to do it. Easy as that. My mom proposed to my dad and they've been together over 30 years.

• doesn't matter,the best way is to simply agree on getting married lol

• i chose A because that's how it is orginally done and I like it plus it lets the girl know taht the guy made the decision like he is the one who propsoed and got himself into it

• i think whoever wants to propose should go ahead and do it... but on a personal level, I would love it if the guy proposed.

• Call me old-fashioned but men ofcourse.

• men of course

• Interesting how every guy who answered so far says it doesn't matter, isn't it?

• @ TheGodEmperorLeto

have I touched a nerve? are you one of those guys that never kissed a girl because he's too scared to say hi? so instead of looking at your own insecurities, you lash out at women for being women

• Well, personally I believe that assigning roles and duties based on gender alone is a very barbaric concept that, to me, goes hand-in-hand with things such as racial segregation/slavery. And I think that when it comes to dating in general, when women don't take initiative now and then and leave it entirely up to men, it makes the man feel like she's just using him and stringing him along for a ride. That's how I see it.