Engagement ring. What would he think?

btw*** fyi*** I'm 23 lol I made this account a while ago :P so my boyfriend is going to propose soon I can tell he's nervous trying to find out what styles I like subtly lol its really cute by the way we've discussed marriage, anyway.. I was thinking that I don't want to be associated with the exploitation of diamond mines that don't respect countries blood diamonds, etc.. so I would like a Swarovski crystal engagement ring instead... would he think its weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmmm I don't think he would think it's weird. Well, I wouldn't if I was in his position. Does he know you don't like the whole diamond thing? Does he know that you know he's going to propose? As long as you don't mind stealing his thunder when he proposes to you then you could just subtly bring it up in a conversation or something.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think so, even if he did it probably wouldn't be a big deal. It's not like he'd break the wedding over such drastic news. So, what's the problem...?

• If he loves you enough to propose, I doubt he'd think it's weird. And if you're getting married, he should know your position on the whole diamond thing anyway.

• i don't care to have a blood diamond on my ring either, so I don't think that's weird at all! . . . you can also get blood free diamonds. my mom got one.