"I'm Going to Marry You Someday"?

Why do guys become interested in marrying me? no joke, within the past year 4 guys have either flat-out said they want to marry me or insinuated it. what's with this? Do they perceive me as the wife/motherly type? or think its what I want to hear? Because it seems pretty strange to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well of course, I can only speculate. But to me, it seems to indicate that these guys feel that you have that elusive ethereal quality that makes guys smitten with you almost instantly because they realize how special you are. Of course, it's undesirable from the perspective that it's making these guys lose their objectivity, moreover that cool indifference that women seem to love in the dating stages. So don't necessarily interpret as the wife/motherly type. Although, surely that's better than being perceived as solely a shag? I'd have a long term relationship with the former, not the latter.

• Or as Franco says, they're trying to make out you're special solely to get sex.

What Guys Said 2

• Most guys around your age have no clue what they're talking about when they say that. I would think that while these guys may want a relationship with you, their main goal is most likely getting in bed with you.

• It's because you're 16 and you're beautiful. None of them really wanted to marry you haha, just get laid.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, well on this site I've been proposed to over six times by people who can hardly speak English. Just so they could get a residency through marriage. lol

• they're not serious about it trust me