Settling down with your first?

My current boyfriend is the first guy I've had sex with. I have not had sex with anyone but him, and we've been together for about four years now. He's been hinting at wanting to purpose which of course is a happy thought for me. Most of the people I know have had more than one partner before settling down and getting married. So I haven't really gotten many opinions, I'm curious is getting married to your first something idle or do people generally 'shop around'?

And what do you think about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend and I have been going out for three months, but we've been best friends for five years. He was my first everything. We've talked about getting married sometime in the future and I would love to spend the rest of my life with him. :) Have you ever wanted to date around to see what it was like? If so, then maybe you should discuss that with him. If not, then do what is going to make you happy, regardless of other people's opinions.

What Guys Said 2

• If I would have proposed to my first, she would have laughed in my face, and rightly so. Fortunately, we both knew better. As someone pointed out: if they're The One today, they'll be The One five years from now.

• Everyone's different...I do not think that would have worked for me...

What Girls Said 1

• i've been with my boyfriend for 7 years. we were each others' firsts and he has plans to settle down wtih me. I don't mind too...but I generally feel scared of committing (by marriage) because I haven't dated other people yet. I've asked him about it before, and he doesn't seem to have the same kind of sentiments as I do. he seems confident about us and he really wants to marry me in the ftuure. but I dunno. :/ it sucks that I feel this way.