Would you take a job that pays lower than what you were once payed?

I was in a position that paid over 6 grand more than what some other jobs are being advertised for (same, if not more duties).

Would you? Why and why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I was unemployed, I would take a job making any sort of money, even if it was minimum wage.

• Sure you would, even though you couldn't afford to pay rent on minimum wage. That's just crapitalistic dogmatic thinking.

• This is true. But things are so bad that what we need is for the system to crash and to replace it with a better system, what you're doing is prolonging the misery, in a way.

• "Sure you would, even though you couldn't afford to pay rent on minimum wage."

That depends on where you live and your living arrangement. During university, I worked a minimum wage job (part-time during school, full-time during the summer). I lived with a roommate and we shared rent 50/50. I was able to pay for my half of the rent and my other necessities, I just had to be thrifty.

What Girls Said 2

• i would only do that if I was in a state of extreme desperation.

• Yes If I need a job of course.

What Guys Said 4

• If I could afford the wage reduction, and if I had been unemployed for a while and the job market was weak.

• Yes. I know this is no time to be picky. I lost my job and right now I am looking at jobs that pay less. Almost half as much actually. I expect more than minimum wage though. I'm too damn smart. Given my age I don't want to settle for something a high schooler should be doing. I need something with a future, or something I can build on.

• Minimum wage is entry-level. Period. If you accept entry level pay for non-entry level work, you're cutting your own throat.

• yeah but not everybody has the opportunity to go to college and become a dr. :l I used to work 3 around minimum wage jobs at one point. you're telling me that's not honorable..?

• That's plenty honorable. Have fun with that.

• Nope. Business is engaged in a war of attrition with the working class, we will not pull out of this depression, which is the result of too little consumer spending due to too little disposable income, until wages rise, not fall.

This is war.

• Yep.