What's the deal? Already forgotten?

After being out of school for 15 years, I ran into an old boyfriend. He was going through a divorce and I was separated. We began talking and all the old feelings came back. We both agreed that we had never really "moved on" from each other and the feelings had always been there, it just never was the right time for us. For 8 months we talked everyday, we saw each other about every other weekend and talked about our future together. We had been given a chance that either one of us thought we would have again. We both admitted that we had thought about each other often over the years and felt it was "meant to be". Two weeks ago he went and bought me a ring (not engagement). Later that week we had a misunderstanding and I told him it was over. I quickly realized I had made a mistake and called him. We spent several hours discussing what to do. We were both upset and crying, I told him that my divorce was progressing and that I would be able to spend more time with him. He said he was confused. He didn't want things to get worse between us and needed time to figure things out. He no longer answered my calls and he said he meet someone else, two days later. She has a horrible rep and is definitely below average looking. How can he move on so fast after he cried for hours at the thought of losing "us"? Is it over for good or will he realize that he made a mistake? I am very upset over this whole thing and want us back. How can you replace someone so quickly, when you've waited so long for a chance? Has he forgotten about me already or is this just a girl to try to help heal him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry to hear about both of your other relationships ending. It's one of the roughest things to go through in life.

smexiliciouss is totally correct. Patience is your best ally now. Yes, it's going to be so hard to remain calm when it's matters of the heart, but you'll be proud of yourself when you've gotten through it.

He is the one making the mistakes. Just worry about you. You can't control him, so do the right things in making you feel good about yourself. It will be his loss if he doesn't treat you right.

Connect with friends and family. Engage in those things that make you smile and laugh.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like he is confused right now and is trying to make sense of things. I don't personally know your relationship, but it seems like everything will work out for you guys. Just remember everything happens for a reason. If you're meant to be together, you wil! Goodluck. Hope everything works out. Just give him time.

• I think he's trying to calm down about you? It could be anything give it a week