Is it okay for the boys to cry?

I really felt I was silly and idiot when I cried in front of a girl. She was the first girl in my life that really made me cry. It hurts me more when she said that I was too immature to be her husband. Ouch!

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex cried in front of me and it really touched me... I don't think it's unmanly, I think it's good. If anything it made me love him more, because it was raw emotion. Attractive is maybe a little strong, but it pulled me closer to him.

I wouldn't say it makes you not husband material... a man who cries is a man who cares, and a man who cares will do anything to try and keep his girl happy, even if it means giving her up. I would be more comfortable marrying a man who could cry around me - if we had children, I wouldn't be worried about him being with them. He would be sensitive to their needs, and I wouldn't be worried about his pain (whatever made him cry) being converted to anger.

What Girls Said 9

• Everyone cries regardless of what's in their pants. Of course it's okay. Maybe it wasn't the crying that made her think you were immature, but something else.

• I want a husband who I can be able to cry with one day when there is need to.Crying is OK and I agree man cry but boys don't.I think it's just really sweet and an honest display of emotion.I would rather have a man who lets it out by crying if necessary than let it pile inside causing bitterness.

• yea man it natural, it human nature, society just makes it wrong, you have tear ducts for a reason, cry! let it out, it feels good!:)

• Yes. Crying is what you should do when you feel sad. It helps. Just like screaming helps when you're in pain. Those feelings relieve bad feelings a little bit. :)

• I want a husband who I can be able to cry with one day when there is need to.Crying is OK and I agree man cry but boys don't.

• You are human right? If you've got a reason to cry there is nothing wrong with it.

• it's perfectly fine.

• I love it when guys cry, not in a mean way of course but a guy who never crys just seems insensitive :)

• I think crying for a guy is normal but as the rules goes for girls there is a time and place to cry for example if you are balling your eyes out and screaming in public it's poor manners go do that in private etc..

What Guys Said 4

• Real men do cry, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. It shows you're human, most woman wonder if guys actually HAVE any emotions, this just proves to show we do!

Crying at the loss of a family member, spouse, or even a beloved pet, heck; even tearing up a little bit when you're getting married or proposing to that special someone and they say yes, would be acceptable. Don't go crying all the time, especially over trivial things like stubbing your toe. But if you genuinely feel the need to break down a little bit, do so, it helps to make you feel better.

• I feel sorry for those that cannot admit they cry openly. I am secure saying that I have sobbed, often in times of great pain.

You are not an idiot! You are human and it is natural to cry. Too bad for this girl to understand how mature you really are.

Boys deny they cry, men freely admit it!

You are a MAN for openly weeping! *Thumbs up*

• Everyone cries. Just because you are a man doesn't mean you can't. If you can cry in front of your significant other, then you are showing yourself at a very voulberable state and it shows trust. It means a lot. Trust me

• It's okay for a man to get something in his eye(s), but definitely not cry.

• So... there's no occasion? Even if someone punched you really violently in the balls, you wouldn't cry?

• lol I was being sarcastic dude