Is it weird that I want to be married and have the happily wed life?

I know a lot of girls think is way as a fairytale wedding but I really do want to find a man and work while being a part time housewife too and I want to cook and like cleaning decorating the house I want to have kids be a proud mom and wife, and I'm 21 and people think I should be partying and clubbing dating but that stuff just never interested me, I really just want to wait for the right guy and want a classic basic but happy marriage. Am I a loser for thinking this way? will my expectations be shot down? is waiting worth it?

lol I am not sitting at home I do go out and socialize but not at the clubbing scene I'm sorry but you don't find husbands at clubs and bar hopping

Most Helpful Girl

• No your not a loser for thinking this way and yes these expectations may come true for you... and if it is what you want it is 100% worth waiting for... I'm also 21 and I have always just wanted to be the perfect little housewife... I met my fiance 4 years ago... I am a trained teacher but I've decided that I wanted to give up work to be a housewife when we get married in spring... That has happened a little earlier than expected when we had a ready made family drop on our door step(my best friend died and her two kids are living with us right now) I am now a housewife and a stand in mother for those kids... I love it I rise in the morning before everyone and I have breakfast on the table for everyone... bake fresh crossiants or breakfast muffins and I prepare fruit and juice etc... then my hubby goes to work and I clean and bake and look after the children... then I prepare dinner and we all sit down to dinner like a family... then we play with the kids and bath them put them to bed... and then we snuggle up on the couch...

Ive been a teach for a few years and I always thought that that would be the most fulfilled I would feel... but my god is being a housewife and a guiding light for those kids more fulfilling than anything I've ever been... I can't wait till we can make more additions to our little family!

What Guys Said 7

• It's not weird at all. Why would it be? The desire to love and be loved is part of our nature. You will have unhappy moments, but it's not weird at all to want a loving and happy marriage and family.

• You're definitely no loser in my opinion. I honestly think you might be more mature and ready for the real world than those other college girls who like going out and getting trashed. Of course there's not anything wrong with getting trashed since I do it a few times a year. Anyways you're definitely no loser in my book. Good luck with all of that.

• I am not into the bar scene myself either seems like a waste of time and money. You at least show class and being mature than other girls your age that do the whole club thing. Your not a loser for thinking that way but waiting will be worth in the long run.

• Dear QA,

Hmmm...-strange way to start an answer I know:D-

My answer would be with a general "NO you are normal "

but underneeth that general "NO" I need you to understand somthing.

what you thinking of is a good sign that you are ready for comitment.

However, you must know that life is not roosy and happily ever after.

Marriage is a wonderfull experiance only to those who knows that they shall fight a lot to succeed such a project while make it enjoyable.

and I semi agree with the Update :)

Wishing you the best of luck.

Yours,

W H

• Not everyone is into partying all the time it gets old. I'm actually on your side I'm over partys and all that bull I just wana have my own place have my wify and be settle down happy. But I don't want kids yet I'm only 20 jiga lol

• lol no you're not a loser for wanting that. Everyone's different. Do what's right for you :)

• There's nothing more to say other than what jennbunny said.

• @Update: Yeah I totally agree. Lol jennbunny didn't accuse you of not socialize. She was just making sure that you did, but there were no assumptions. Don't be offended haha.

• What he said :)

What Girls Said 6

• I'm exactly the same way as you...even so much to the point where I don't want to go through the meaningless dating, I just want to find the person I'm supposed to be with. I don't think your dreams will be shot down, you just have to be realistic in your expectations. No marriage is ever going to be perfect and I think that's what leads to many problems in a marriage. But don't worry, one day you will find the right guy (:

• yeah it's not weird and it's not wrong to want what you want.

I think that's fine and good luck

• I don't think it's weird at all.

• It's not weird and you're not a loser. You still have to go out and find the right guy.. you're not going to find him sitting, waiting at home.

• nope not weird at all. I want the same thing when I'm older. I guess you're more mature than the other girls your age.

• I think that's what every woman wants eventually lol, to be honest it kinda blows being settled down so young. But that might be just me haha, I have a friend that's been with the same guy since middle school and they just got married have a 2year old and she loves it. I just kinda wish I had waited awhile, had a little more time to be carefree ya know