It made me uncomfortable as he's married and I'm engaged and in no way interested. Am I reading too much into this?

A guy I'm friends with (not close or anything) was teasing/bantering with me when he suddenly got serious and said "you're the gold standard of women". It made me uncomfortable as he's married and I'm engaged and in no way interested. I have a lot of male friends and we would never say anything like that to one another. Am I reading too much into this or should I distance myself

Can't add comments but to dvd89 he stopped smiling and when I laughed at it he told me to stop laughing he was serious

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely distance yourself, he's not joking.

What Guys Said 1

• How do you know he was being serious...

• Did you ask him if he was...sometimes we say things like that..that we do not actually mean..because we want to see how you will react...I would just simply ignore it...if it gets worse..then do something about it..

What Girls Said 0