Would it be OK if certain GAG members could choose BA if QA doesn't?

Just saying.

I hate to see that a lot of the questions that I answered, no one chose BA. Maybe they don't know that they can choose BA.

Because of that, even if my answer is the only one, and even if the QA liked it... I don't get BA. I answer a lot of questions on here... and my best answer % is going down. I just don't like that a lot, that the more answers I give out, even no matter how helpful my answers are, the more my overall % of BA score is going to go down.

So I propose that maybe some certain qualifications are given out, and those who meet those qualifications can be chosen as a special GAG membeer that can choose BA if in a month the BA is not chosen by the QA. This will help us ALL get higher % on our overall BA.

What do you guys all think about this?

:)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yahoo does a similar thing.

For this to work, there would need to be a panel of experts that could, such as the top 10 that have the most best answers selected.

What Guys Said 5

• Sure, so long as it wan't one of the majority teenage people. They aren't going to vote for anyone but themselves and their friends.

• That's not a bad idea, but I would still say no. I've seen questions that have several answers that could be seen as "best answer". Plus, this isn't a contest. We're here to give advice and not compete for who has the best advice. People asking questions here are mostly asking from their perspective, so I think they should be the ones to determine who gets "best answer". One of my answers was selected simply because it was funny (I guess). The question was "why are you on this site" and I said "to conquer the universe". So sometimes, BA is just for fun lol.

I will say, though, that there should be a minimal time limit for giving BA. I've seen it happen when someone will ask a question and within 10 minutes, BA is already selected. I would either give an answer or see someone else's and think "THAT should be best answer".

Plus, do you really feel that special when yours is BA because it's the only one? I don't lol. Also, I think this should be like Facebook where we can delete our own questions, answers, and comments. Or edit them after submission.

• I do partly agree with you, though. It's good to know my advice is appreciated.

• no. best answer should only be chosen by the QA imo. if he/she fails to pick one for whatever reasons then oh well.

• Or they could add a voting feature like Yahoo answers. After a set amount of time, the answer with the most votes gets BA.

• Majority here are under 18, don't know enough. Plus most would only vote for other sub 18 people regardless of sense or sanity.

• I think this would be the most intelligent way to go about it.

• Who cares about BA %? Seriously, best answers are often chosen based on what the QA wanted to hear.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it should just be a voting thing like Y!A. I think that would be best. I mean it is kind of unfair for users who spend their time answering the question that person had to ask, and then for no one to get rewarded for it. It doesn't bother me that much, only because I am guilty of that myself. I realize people forget, or get the advice they need and then forget about the question all together. It happens.

• Well I just had my BA removed entirely from a post, thought it was unoffensive. I guess someone here is squeamish when it comes to the female anatomy. So in answering your question, Q, there's no guarantee something will remain a BA. I've even seen BA's change over time to another comment on the post.

• lol...does it really matter? :p

• I guess? I just, you know. Would like to have a higher best answer percentage. I feel like I don't give out great advice some times because my percentage is getting lower and lower. But I guess...

• don't let the percentage affect your self-perception. we all give great advice that sometimes gets unnoticed. don't let it bother you :)