Why do men continue to get married despite these facts?

Why do you believe your marriage will last the distance?

And don't say because you'll be in love because they all begin that way.

-Divorce rate is 52%

-Women tend to lose interest and attraction to their husbands over time

-Women's sexual and financial freedom (independence) no need to remain with the man.

-Women's infidelity - A study shows women are the biggest cheats - they're just better at lying about it.

I know this isn't every marriage but it's the majority because the divorce rate is 52% and there is a good percentage cheating on their spouse, they just never find out (which constitutes as an unhappy marriage)

So what could possibly be your reason to get married?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• Because your not looking the numbers of failed marriages like its some kind of math problem. If you truly love the person and think you will be together tell you die then go for it. Its better then being afraid your whole life of being in a deep relationship like that. In the end if you divorse then nothing you can do but move on that's life. All you can do is hope for the best

• i will marry a girl that I feel is worth marrying definitely not a modern type women though

• "Modern type"? what? like independent?

• women, one that saved her self or has what I feel is an acceptable sexual history, wants kids and to raise them, wants to take care of me the way a women should take care of a man but if she wants to be a modern women that thinks she's a man come on I'm not stupid, I would rather just f*** her and hang out with my friends who know how to talk to another man

• I have blocked you as I feel I have no respect for your opinion on this subject nor on any subject I may ask.

• Seemed like the thing to do at the time...well I was 38 & and she was 34...we both wanted to set up housekeeping and wanted stability...I don't regret it...

• I've always said I won't/don't as marriage means nothing to me, there's no real point to it.

• *sigh* you are just too young to understand.

What Girls Said 2

• link

more men cheat actually

• Because people realize that taking a leap of faith with someone despite the odds is still better than living with a lack of belief and sarcasm about relationships and the state of marriage.