Do girls in their late teens/early twenties notice a ring on a guy's wedding finger?

I'm not engaged or married (yet), but I'm dating someone so I often wear a purity ring on my wedding finger just as a simple gesture. I was wondering if anyone external to me and my girlfriend would even notice the fact I wear one? It's not a major issue or anything I've just been curious as to whether anyone would notice, or what they would make of it if they did notice.

Thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't pay much attention to it but I think I should now I'm 20 so it would be good to knwo

What Girls Said 14

• If I see a guy who I am attracted to I always end up looking at his hand, just to make sure he is not married or engaged. So yes, others do notice it. :)

And by the way. I'm 16 years old, and I already look at his finger, But that might also be because I tend to like guys that are a little older than I am.

• yeah I would notice it

• Yes, I think they would notice... I would notice.

• I can't speak for other girls, but I notice stuff like that. Most guys don't wear rings to begin with so when you see one on a guy, it stands out. And when you see one on the wedding ring finger you know he's spoken for. I have a claddagh ring for that purpose, and I wonder if guys notice it...

• If I find a guy attractive I always look at his ring finger first. I'm at the age (24) where a lot of my friend's are getting married so I tend to notice it more.

• Yep I notice that. If they're fairly young I assume it's a purity ring, and it gives me more respect for the guy.

• I don't simple because I'm 16 and most (if not all) high school guys are not married so it is no need to check right now in a few years I will check because thee will be a need to.

• Yeah I usually notice that sort of thing

• if I'm attracted to a guy then yes I look for a ring. I'm 22.

• i pick up on ANY kind of man-jewelry, especially rings lol.

• Take it easy

• If I see a guy I like, I try to look for a ring but to be honest it is really hard without being obvious. It's kind of embarassing getting caught looking for a ring. Though, I have a guy friend who every time I see him, he takes both my hands and turns them over checking for engagement or wedding rings. He doesn't car about being obvious at all.

• Yes indeed I do. I always check out rings to make sure he isn't taken though of course some men who are married still won't wear a ring

• Oh I notice wedding bands all the time! Because if a guy has one I automatically get an "off limits" alarm in my head.

What Guys Said 0