What do you think about getting engaged in college?

My close friend just got engaged to this guy she was best friends with for a really long time and has been dating for a few months. kind of fast, I know, but she said they both felt ready to take it to that level. They're both just starting college this year, but going to different colleges. I'm afraid for her because she likes to party a lot and get drunk and she one time cheated on him while drunk. I'm afraid she'll cheat on him again and he'll break the engagement off. They want to get married after college.

So... do you think it's a smart idea to get engaged in college? Their colleges are two hours apart.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see a problem with it if they are ready. I do see a problem with long engagements. I think they are useless. What is the point? It doesn't seem like they are ready, if she wants to party & such, she needs to wait. Engagements are a commitment, she obviously isn't ready to do that.

I got married when I was in college, no, I didn't have to, wanted to. But I got all of my running around out of me first.

But hey, she's an adult, she can make he own decisions & mistakes. If it works out, great. If not, she cleans up the mess.

What Guys Said 2

• that sounds like what my friend is going through.. I don't see a problem with it though

• what I meant is it's pretty much like a long distance relationship and it could be easy to cheat

• again, same situation but if they love each other, it's no problem

• Does he know she cheated?

• yeah he saw the whole thing. it was actually with his best friend, which is awkward :/

they broke up but then got back up a month later. my thinking is that, I mean, I love her to death and she's a great friend and all, but if she cheated while he was THERE, then she's far more likely to cheat when he's not there. I feel like she's not mature enough to get engaged without hurting him.

• I'm thinking the guy figures there will be some magic forcefield around her with the engagement ring.

• haha yeah I don't know about that

What Girls Said 2

• No, I don't think it's a good idea. It seems like she might cheat on him again. The guy doesn't deserve that.

• seems cool unless she cheats on him :S have faith in her ,:)