Why do I feel like it's not over?

I've been out of my engagement for almost two months, which I didn't want to end, and I know that all of my feelings and hurt are still fresh but I feel like the relationship isn't really over even though we haven't spoken for a long time. I don't mean I still think we are together I know we aren't but deep inside my gut I feel like this isn't the last time we will be together...

We dated previously and were engaged and then didn't speak for a long time and then got back together but that ended out of the blue and there's always been this weird connection between the two of us if that makes any sense. I don't know why I feel like this because there aren't really any signs of it turning around and I've told myself that but every part of me says that's not true.

Should I believe in my instincts and gut feeling? Any opinions will be helpful

Most Helpful Girl

• You feel like it's not over because you don't want it to be over, and when the same thing happened in the past you ended up getting back together. From what you've been saying it sounds like it most likely is over for good this time. And if it's not, it probably should be. You've already broken up twice, that's an obvious sign that things aren't working. Not only that but both times you broke up after being engaged. That shows that at least one of you wasn't ready for it or really sure about things and whoever that is (or maybe even both of you) isn't taking the relationship seriously enough. I think it's time to leave the past where it belongs and move on.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You just aren't willing to let him go yet. Even though you have let him go physically, emotionally he is still yours and your not willing to give that up until you are 100% sure that things between you guys are finished. If you don't want to get back together with him but are still having these feelings, you just have to give it time, and you'll start moving on and letting go slowly.