If the Vatican released the Dead Sea Scrolls and it said BOTH men & women were to be circumcised, would you?

Some women support Catholic and Christian beliefs that it was Gods idea that men be circumcised after birth, because it said so in their religious text the Bible. But if it came out that the transcription or translation of the Bible was faulted, or that the Dead Sea Scrolls clarified that it did not just mean men alone, but all babies. Would a woman be as eager to support the religious practice of circumcisions then? Would all these women who said they were Christian or Catholic go to a doctor for a religiously-mandatory removal of the hood of their clitoris? I wonder. Ladies and gentleman...what do you think? Ladies...what would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• I'm no Christian. But the New Testament says not to Circumcise anyone, Christ sacrificed HIS body so we don't have to. Regarding circumcision I don't agree with it. Period. Regardless of whether it is done to men or women. So no, I shall not be snipping off ANY of my body parts for any form of deity.

• I'm not religious therefore I don't care about the Vatican and what's it's wish are, so that's a big fat NO from me. I'm one of those people who think for themselves.

• "female circumcision" is not comparable to male circumcision. I'm not really religious and personally don't see a big reason to circumcise your child so I would still feel the same way which is there's no need for it

• I would just ignore it.

What Guys Said 6

• Hey... if you actually look into scripture, circumsion isn't nessisary after the coming of Christ.

It's commonly known that a lot of things changed between before and after Christ (ie can't eat pig and ect ect) but another one of those things that changed was circumcision. (At least to my understanding).

It isn't required anymore.

PS. Plus I hear sex feels even better being uncircumsised... Hard to imagine, but if that's true and I could go back in time I wouldn't allow my doctor to do that to me.

• i know. galatians 5:6. that wasn't the question though was it. and it is better uncircumcised. I'm actually fighting to end circumcision...the point of the question was to make females think what its like to be in a males shoes, and how no religion should have right over your body as a baby because you can't make your own decision.

• First off all, most christians nowadays don't give a sh*t what the pope says. I mean come on no sex before marriage, no divorce, no condoms...

Second off all, I think you've asked a question about female circumsion and I don't understand why you don't get that male and female circumsion is just not compareable. If it was I'm sure the same ones who support it in boy would also support it in girls, to answer your question

• The Vatican and the Catholics don't believe in circumcision at all.

The Dead Sea scrolls have already been released.

• I think it would become normal so we wouldn't question it

because we don't alrwady do it it seems horrible and wrong

• Catholics and Christians are NOT obligated to be circumcised. many American Christians are circumcised only because it is common practice in America. In Europe and other continents, most circumcised people are Jewish.

• wow...that wasn't the question.i think you missed the point...which was to make you think, and to put women in an equal attack by the same religion that attacks men with expectations of circumcision...it was for women to recognize that if they were in our shoes...they wouldn't want to be circumcised for any religion...and that we should have the same respect and choice to make for ourselves.

• Exactly HOW was I misinformed jlo? I made a HYPOTHETICAL statement...a what if question. That's NOT misinformation simplecheeks. lol!

• Relax, I'm just saying that it was kind of an outlandish situation. Plus I answered your question.

• I still wouldn't give a f*ck.

'Cause I'm clear headed atheist.