Would a guy even joke about marriage if he were really afraid or against it?

My boyfriend has told me before that he never wants to get married. But lately he's been joking around about us getting married a few times and he was even singing a wedding song to me the other day.

In my experience, guys who are really afraid of or against marriage for some reason wouldn't even joke about it. So does it sound like he's probably changing his mind about it or am I just reading into it too much?

Most Helpful Girl

• take no notice of it until it happens. my ex said he dreamed of proposing one day, getting married and having kids only for him to dump me a couple wks later after talking about it for months! don't read too much into anything until its actually in front of you. expect nothing then everything you do get is a bonus. I got my hopes up really high as he talked about it all (as I werent really fussed to begin with) then he took everything we had dreamed about together and chucked it away.

What Guys Said 1

• Why not? A joke is a joke.

I'm against marriage, yet I don't mind joking about it.

What Girls Said 1

• That's strange that he's joking about such a thing, but maybe the best thing to do is kind of try to ignore it in case nothing happens so you don't feel like you had been over thinking it. Hey maybe it will happen, ya never know. But I wouldn't think much on it just yet.