Everybody I know is getting engaged. This is starting to tick me off!

everybody I know is getting engaged and they are all younger then me. If one more couple that I know gets engaged I'm gonna go nuts

Most Helpful Girl

• What is with this phenomenon?!

I'm in my early 20s and in no rush to get married, yet so many of my friends are getting engaged...why the rush?

Sheesh.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 6

• Marriage is becoming less and less meaningful these days. People are less willing to stick together through thick and thin, even though that's what marriage is supposed to be all about.

• marry me! ha ha jk...but no worries...you'll get married soon and who knows, what if your marriage happens to be the only succesful one? Did you ever think of that?

• i'm getting engaged.

• I'm 24 and I feel the same way... but hey it works for some.

• maybe it is YOUR mistake not getting along with ladies not their's at all :P

• i get along with them just fine. In fact I get along better with them then I do with guys

• Yep. I'm at the age where everyone is getting engaged and married and I'm not even seeing anyone. it sucks

What Guys Said 2

• Dude, everyone of my friends is married. I'm the only single one left in both my group of friends from Seattle (where I used to live), and my group of friends where I currently live. In a related story, I'm also the only one who doesn't need permission to go out, can stay out as long as I want, and do whatever I want.

You can be bitter being single, or you can make it work for you.

• but I'm 28 most everybody my age are married and even younger then me are married or getting married

• Bro, I'm 27, I'm in the same boat, but I'm making it work for me. Went back to school, laid out some concrete plans for the future, set some goals, ect. Since I don't have a girlfriend to distract me, or a family to provide for, I'm doing everything I can to better myself and put myself in a position to have the best future I can possibly achieve.

• I'm 28 and many of my guy friends are married too. It matters not a single bit to me at all. What you need to do QA is stop comparing yourself to others. It's a road to depression trust me on that.

• Statistically, only about half of those marriages are likely to make it to their 10-year anniversary. There's nothing wrong with wanting companionship, but there's also nothing wrong with being single. You're not in a race; it's about finding the right person. Keep your attitude upbeat and your social calendar full, and the relationship will come along when you least expect it.