Does a diamond ring always mean she's engaged?

I was at the mall the other day and I saw this beautiful woman. We made eye contact with each other many times, but I didn't approach her because she was wearing a diamond ring on her wedding finger. So, does a diamond ring on a girls wedding finger automatically means she's engage?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have heard of some women wearing fake engagement rings to ward off men, I use to do that too. I wore a real silver and saphire ring on my left ring finger to ward off men whom wanted to approach me and date me. Well anyways, most of the time yes it means that she is engaged/married. Unless you ask around and people you know know her, and they tell you otherwise.

What Girls Said 6

• Engaged or married more than likely.

There's PLENTY of girls out there that are not wearing a ring. Go hit on them.

Bravo to you for not being a jerk and going after a taken girl because "if she's interested (so you think), then she must not be attached."

• Most likely. You said it was on her wedding finger and girls don't typically go out to buy engagement rings for style. You could still try to find out for sure by being 'friends' first though.

• I use one at times to avoid men from approaching me because I'm not interested in a relationship.

• it could be a purity ring! :)

• Come on baby, don't say maybe, I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me.

• My guess is that either she is taken or its a fake and she doesn't want to be taken, either way doesn't look like you're in with a shot sorry.

• we don't have to have a formal relationship, we can just have casual sex.

• Haha depending on how well you take rejection you can always ask her if she's game or you could just play it safe and go play with all those other beautiful girls without diamond rings? :) x

What Guys Said 6

• Not sure. but in 90% its true and another 10% on luck.

• 0|0
  • yes she's either engaged or married, an if its on the left hand ring finger then its a big sign that she's taken

• I would say she is spoken for.

• I don't look at rings. I just go off of her body language. If she's interested, then she must not be attached.

• It's a pretty strong indicator that she's engaged.